To participate in a vTour, you must meet the event's eligibility requirements.
Here are the basic eligibility requirements... if there are any requirements specific to an event, they will be displayed on the event details page.
- You must be an MSGA member, of any age or gender.
- You must have a current Handicap Index.
- You must play with another person. Attesting your score is not required, but requested, if possible.
- You must be honest and post a score you actually played.
- You must play an 18-hole round of golf.
- You must play at a course with an official USGA course rating and slope.
- You must play your score within the dates of the event and post your score by the deadline (the last day of the event).
- You need an MSGA login in order to register. If you do not know your login, contact the MSGA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disqualification - The following will be taken into consideration for disqualification of an event:
- Scores posted incorrectly (wrong tees / slope / rating / course)
- Scores that don't meet the course requirements
- Scores that have been edited after posting
- Incorrect Handicap Index
- Each event may have additional rules
For all players who wish to retain their Amateur Status, please note that you cannot accept a prize (other than a symbolic prize) or prize voucher of retail value in excess of $1000 or the equivalent. This limit applies to the total prizes or prize vouchers received by an amateur golfer in any one competition or series of competitions. However, you may still play as long as you waive your right to accept prize money in that event. An amateur golfer must not exchange a prize or prize voucher for cash.